Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bernie Madoff Defends $60 Billion Ponzi Plan to ABC News' Barbara Walters (Video)

Charged ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff defends swindling his traders of vast amounts of dollars within an interview with ABC News' Barbara Walters that broadcast on Hello America Thursday.our editor recommends'60 Minutes': Ponzi Plan Perpetrator Bernie Madoff and Wife Attempted SuicideBernie Madoff Whistleblower Makes Standing Ovation at Toronto Screening "I realize why clients hate me," he stated. "The gravy train has ended. I'm able to accept that." PHOTOS: Probably The Most Spoken-About TV News Faces But, "an average joe thinks I conned widows and orphans. I made wealthy people wealthy," he added. The worst factor about his 150-year prison sentence, being offered in the Federal Correction Complex at Butler, N.C., is "not seeing my loved ones and knowing they hate me. I tricked them." His wife Ruth, "requested me to allow her go, that we understood," states Madoff. Ruth lately stated on an hour that they attempted suicide together with her husband following the ponzi plan was revealed. VIDEO: Bernie Madoff's Daughter-in-Law Talks Out "Ruth not interacting may be the toughest factor," he continued. "Ruth doesn't hate me. She's no-one. It's not fair to her. She lost her first boy. ... She's a passionate wife and didn't worry about the cash.Inch When requested what he'd tell his grandfather, Madoff states, "I'm sorry to possess triggered them discomfort." Walters -- who sitting with Madoff for 2 hrs on March. 14 to conduct the job interview -- notes he didn't have apparent emotion when he earned that statement. Madoff states he makes about $170 per month doing various prison jobs. He passes time by reading through and lately finished a magazine about Wall Street thief barons. VIDEO: Bernie Madoff's Daughter-in-law Discloses She'd 'Spit in the Face' Throughout ཐ/20' Interview "Personally i think safer here than outdoors," Madoff stated. "Days pass. I've people to speak to with no choices to create. ... I understand which i will die imprisonment. I resided the final two decades of my existence in fear. Now I don't worry -- absolutely nothing to consider because I'm no more in charge of my very own existence." He confesses he is affected with "terrible bad dreams." Stephanie Mack, Mark Madoff's widow, lately launched a magazine about her very own ordeal, The Finish of Normal: A Wife's Anguish, A Widow's New Existence. Within an interview with ABC News' Chris Cuomo that broadcast a week ago on 20/20, Mack stated that her late husband had formerly unsuccessfully attempted suicide by ingesting 60 anti-anxiety and sleeping pills. video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player Related Subjects Barbara Walters Hello America

No comments:

Post a Comment